The club for runners in Saratoga Springs, NY
2023 Saratoga Stryders Fall Back 5 Mile Trail Race
10:00am EST, Sunday, November 5th, Saratoga Spa State Park
19 Roosevelt Drive, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
It’s that time of year! Set your clocks back, fall back in bed for that extra hour, and emerge bright-eyed and bushy tailed, ready to breathe crisp, autumn air and tackle some serious trails in historic Saratoga Spa State Park.
The Fallback 5 Mile Trail Race course is a combination of hills, ridges and single track, with a few wide trails, paved sections, and grassy areas, showcasing sections of the park some may have never seen before. This is nature’s original obstacle course at its finest. (There is even a stair climb on a section near SPAC.)
Thursday, November 2nd - Online registration closes at 5:00pm.
Saturday, November 4th - In-person registration (cash/check only) and early bib pickup from 12:00-2:00pm at iRun LOCAL (425 Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY).
Sunday, November 5th - Race Day!
· 8:30am-9:30am - Last-minute registration (cash/check only) and bib pickup at the Saratoga Spa State Park outside the Administration Building (across the field from the Hall of Springs).
· 10:00am - 5 Mile Trail Race starts.
· 11:45am - Race timing ends, awards presentations and door prize drawings begin outside the Park Administration Building near the finish.
Registration (limited to 200 entries):
· Pre-registration is $30 plus online processing fee.
· Saratoga Stryder members can get a $2 discount code for online registration (check your email) through Sunday October 29th.
· In-person and last-minute registration fee is $35 (cash/check only).
· No refunds will be issued for any reason.
· Online Registration via RunSignup.
Giveaway: Unfortunately, we are unable to do the traditional runner hats this year due to supply chain issues and significant cost increases. With this in mind, it was decided to keep this event's registration affordable and instead offer some nice prizes for the post-race raffle drawing.
Awards (provided by iRun LOCAL, 425 Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY):
· First male and female overall.
· First male and female in each 10 year age group (0-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+).
Post-race door prize drawings open to all runners and volunteers. Must be present to win.
This entire event will be taking place outside. Pre-race gathering, finish, awards, and day of race registration will take place outside in front of the Saratoga Spa State Park Administration Building/Park Office. Restrooms are located in the Wired Coffee Shop in the Roosevelt II Building (next building south of the Administration Building/Park Office).
The race starting line is a short distance north of the finish line (northwest corner of the Mall area).
Course Map shows approximate race course over the State Park’s Five Mile Trail. (Includes Crossing Guard and Course Marshal stations.)
NOTE: In the interest of safety for all participants, due to the narrow trails on the course, RUNNERS ARE PROHIBITED FROM RUNNING IN THE RACE WITH THEIR DOGS. The use of portable music devices during the race is strongly discouraged.
Parking: Use either the patron lot behind the Automobile Museum or the Roosevelt Bath & Spa lot. Please do not use the Hall of Springs lot, as they have an event there and need the parking. The Administration/Park Office lot is unfortunately not available due to park construction.
Follow us on Facebook for timely information about the race: Fall Back 5 Mile Trail Race
Questions? Please email Maggie Schlegel (2023 Race Director): firstname.lastname@example.org
Net proceeds will be used to support the programs and activities of the Saratoga Stryders.
To volunteer for this race, please click here.
Results (both overall and age group) can be found at Underdog Race Timing (underdogtiming.com):
Thank you to our event supporters and donors:
Copyright Saratoga Stryders, 2023
The Saratoga Stryders, a 501(c)(3) affiliate chapter of the Road Runners Club of America. P.O. Box 1467, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866